So glad you are here, we look forward to meeting you.
NEW LIFE is not merely a CHURCH to go to.
We are a CHURCH FAMILY to belong to –
Making a Difference with the Love of Christ
Join us at New Life Church 1028 Beaver Ave. York NE 68467
Sunday School – 9:30 a.m.
Sunday Service – 10:45 a.m.
Sunday Lunch Bunch – 2nd & 4th Sundays – 12noon
Wednesday night G.L.O.W (kids) & SHINE (youth) – Discipleship Groups – 6:45 p.m.
Please support the ministry of New Life Church
New Life Church – Weekly Newsletter – 5/29/20
Good Morning New Life:
We praise God for another new day, filled with hope and the anticipation of His working out all things for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).
This Sunday, May 31, we will gather at our drive-in Pentecost service at 10:45 a.m.! Our guidelines for these services are to stay in your vehicle, park in the church parking lot or on-street parking, tune your FM radio to 89.7, wave and smile in fellowship and worship our Lord together!
Next Sunday, June 7, we will be gathering together in the church building, for the first time in about three months! Things will look a little different, however, and we will all need to follow the established protocol for these gatherings.
- The church has been set up to adhere to social distancing seating, with the fellowship hall available for overflow from the sanctuary due to limited seating, so participation in the service is available by live stream on the television there.
- We will have the church building sanitized and disinfected prior to every service.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are available throughout the church building.
- Services are limited to 45 minutes total time for the worship and message.
- Bathrooms are closed, so plan accordingly.
- The upstairs nursery is available only for the changing stations and for calming children – one family at a time, with hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes available for sanitizing the space when you are finished; the downstairs nursery and classrooms are closed until further notice.
- Quiet bags have been removed from the sanctuary, so please bring any items your children will need to keep them satisfied through the service time.
- Sadly, there will be no fellowship before or after the service time.
- Ushers will seat you and release you, one family at a time, and regrettably we must leave the church grounds upon dismissal.
- Households who live together may sit together, but others must remain seated six feet apart.
- Bring your own coffee and bibles and remember to take them with you.
- All Sunday school and discipleship groups or classes will be conducted online until further notice.
- We have an offering plate at the rear of the sanctuary for tithes and offerings to be placed upon entering or leaving the sanctuary; and we will continue to provide our secure online Faithlife.com option, as well as the option for those offerings to be mailed to the church.
- As always, but a good reminder – if you are sick or at-risk, please stay at home and listen online.
Our board has agreed to implement live-streaming our Sunday services, and for this purpose will be purchasing the necessary equipment, so those who are unable to gather together physically can still be with us real time.
Watch our Facebook page for postings of church maintenance projects that need to be attended to. For starters; there is water coming in the basement, therefore the grade on the north side needs dirt, gutters need attending to, rooms need their water damaged contents taken to the landfill. Our landscaping needs tended to, the lights need bulbs, the playground equipment re-stained and 4 inches of mulch spread around it. Please choose specific tasks that you or your individual families can manage and together we will get these tasks accomplished. We will provide instructions for those families to be let into the church at the time each family arranges. We also need your continued giving to cover the costs of these needs and others as we work to reopen the church to gather together once again.
We would like to keep in front of us always, these three simple rules for life from John Wesley: first, do no harm; second, do good; third, stay in love with God.
Church, we are still one body, even though we may be physically distanced from one another during this time. Being somewhat disjointed as we are, it is inevitable that we will feel that discomfort. But remember, we can always come together on Facebook for our Wednesday’s Word and Funny Fridays live events, each week at 7 p.m., and Linda Suhr is still teaching Sunday School lessons on our Facebook page each weekend. We have resumed our women’s bible study group, and that is available on Zoom, Half-Hour to Power, Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.! Contact Jamie with your email address to be connected in that way! Please continue to support the church with your tithes and offerings. Our Faithlife.com link on our website is a very easy, secure option. You may also place your tithe and offering checks in the mail to the church.
We love you and there ain’t a thing you or the coronavirus can do about it!
Pastor Dave and Jamie Martelle
Our Mission Focus:
Our Mission Statement:
Transforming Lives Together – Through Relationship With Christ
Our Latest Sermon:
May 24, 2020 – The Risen Life Renovation – Divine Desire
by Pastor Dave Martelle
One Main Idea of the Sermon:
To take up our cross daily does not mean to suppress our desires daily but rather to redirect our desires from earthly to the divine.
Goal for Life Application:
Don’t waste the crisis – take this time to reset your heart and your mind on God’s thoughts, God’s Desires, on God’s heart.
Eva Cassidy – People Get Ready:
For access to All sermons Click on “Sermons” in the Menu at the top of the page